—Image © Zynga
|First date available:||unknown|
|Last date available:||June 22, 2013|
|Required minimum level(s):||see Template:infobox-umbrella for template instructions|
|World Location:||Home, English Countryside|
Message Signs were a sign which a farmer could leave on a farm and could be read by others. As of circa 2013, message signs are no longer available. The message could be put on the farmer's own farm or on a neighbor's farm. Some players found messages annoying, as one could put a large number of message signs to get their message across. You could remove any message sign that was placed on your farm. You could also visit other farms and remove any message signs that you have placed there. Mutated vowels could not be typed in a message sign.
How to place Edit
When you placed a sign, then the farm's owner would see an avatar directly next to the sign with a bubble "ExampleUser says ...". This avatar overlapped the sign, but when you clicked on him then the message was displayed. Unfortunately if the farm's owner had not yet shared his/her email address with Zynga then there was no way to remove the sign (and the avatar).
To prevent sharing your email with Zynga and still being able to read the message/remove the sign, you could do the following:
- Go to your Facebook account settings and change your email to some fake address.
- Then return and allow Facebook to share your email with Zynga.
- You now can read the message/remove the sign.
- Return to your Facebook application settings and disable email sharing with Zynga.
- Now change your email address again to your original email address.